The Admissions Process
Parents may register a son or daughter at any age. The completion of a registration form and the payment of the registration fee do not guarantee a place, but will ensure that the appropriate documentation for subsequent stages in the admissions procedure is dispatched in good time.
When the number of registrations for a particular year reaches capacity, the year list will be closed and a waiting list will be brought into operation.
- 1. You make an enquiry to the school and provide your contact details. (click here to do so)
- 2. A prospectus is sent to you with an invitation to visit the school.
- 3. You contact the school to arrange a visit.
- 4. A visit is arranged and you will meet the Head and have a tour of the school.
- 5. A follow up letter is sent to you to ask if you would like to proceed.
- 6. If you would like to proceed you complete and return the registration form and fee to the school.
- 7. A taster visit is arranged for the pupil concerned at which time assessments will take place. If a taster is not possible (overseas) then an assessment will be made online.
- 8. If the assessment is satisfactory then an offer letter is sent from the school.
- 9. You send a confirmation of acceptance of the offer along with the relevant forms and the confirmation fee.
- 10. References are sought by us from the pupil’s previous school.
Confirmation of Entry
When conditional offers are made prospective parents are invited to confirm their intention of sending their son or daughter to St. Martin's Ampleforth. A deposit, currently £750 is requested at this stage for all pupils except those entering the Nursery. This is a returnable deposit, which will be credited to the bill at the end of the final term. For non-European domiciled applicants the Confirmation fee is £1,500. Acceptance of the confirmation fee constitutes a firm promise of a place, subject to the entry requirements being achieved.
The confirmation fee will not be returned if parents subsequently choose not to enter their son or daughter for St. Martin's Ampleforth. It will be returned if, for any reason, academic or otherwise, the Headmaster decides he will not admit the student. Students placed on the waiting list will not be required to pay the confirmation fee until the firm offer of a place becomes available. Once an entrant is confirmed, a term's notice is required for withdrawal.
The admission of any boy or girl is conditional on written acceptance of the Parent School contract, which can be found on this website. Printed copies of the Parent School Contract are available on request.